According to The Guardian read here.
The full list of Australian & New Zealand authors that made it to the longlist
- The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan (Aus)
- Burial Rites by Hannah Kent (Aus)
- Mullumbimby by Melissa Lucashenko (Aus)
- Coal Creek by Alex Miller (Aus)
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (Aus)
- Barracuda by Christos Tsiolkas (Aus)
- Eyrie by Tim Winton (Aus)
- Cairo by Chris Womersley (Aus)
- The Swan Book by Alexis Wright (Aus)
- The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton (NZ)
- The Last Days of the National Costume by Anne Kennedy (NZ)
- The Infinite Air by Fiona Kidman (NZ)
- The Disestablishment of Paradise by Phillip Mann (NZ)
The shortlist was just announced, it includes 5 novels in translation. Strange because Questions of Travel by Michelle de Kretser was not in the longlist.
- The Detour by Gerbrand Bakker, (Dutch) translated by David Colmer. Published by Harvill Secker.
- Questions of Travel by Michelle De Kretser (Sri Lankan / Australian) Published by Allen & Unwin.
- Absolution by Patrick Flanery (American) (First novel) Published by Atlantic Books.
- A Death in the Family by Karl Ove Knausgaard (Norwegian) Translated by Don Bartlett. Published by Harvill Secker.
- Three Strong Women by Marie NDiaye (French) Translated by John Fletcher. Published by MacLehose / Quercus and by Alfred A. Knopf.
- Traveller of the Century by Andrés Neuman (Argentinian) Translated from the original Spanish by Nick Caistor and Lorenza Garcia. Published by Pushkin Press and by Farrar, Straus & Giroux.
- The Light of Amsterdam by David Park (Northern Irish) Published by Bloomsbury.
- The Spinning Heart by Donal Ryan (Irish) (First novel) Published by Doubleday Ireland / Lilliput Press.
- The Garden of Evening Mists by Tan Twan Eng (Malaysian) Published by Myrmidon.
- The Sound of Things Falling by Juan Gabriel Vásquez (Colombian) Translated from the original Spanish by Anne McLean. Published by Bloomsbury.
for his novel City of Bohane